Catered Chalet Balkiss
Premium service catered chalet in La Tania to sleep 14 people in 7 en-suite bedrooms, sauna and hot-tub facility – located on the piste and close to the village centre
Chalet Balkiss is ideally located on the bottom of the piste in the beautiful village of La Tania in the Three Valleys for ski-in/ski-out access to the largest ski area in Europe. It is just a short distance from the high-speed gondola lift which takes you up to above Courchevel 1850 at Col de la Loze from where you can easily ski into both Courchevel and Meribel.
This is one of our very popular premium service chalets where you’ll be pampered by our staff and will enjoy our upgraded service wtih an additional cheeseboard course after the evening meal, followed by liquers and chocolates plus canapes and aperitifs before you start. Chalet Balkiss has a cosy atmosphere inside with high ceilings and a log burner in the comfortable living room – there’s more than enough space for all the chalet guests to sit and relax in the evenings.
Outside on the balcony, you’ll find a hot-tub where you can soak away the aches and pains and take in the amazing views over the Bozel Valley or you can make use of the indoor sauna facility. Chalet Balkiss is just a short walk from the village centre of La Tania where you’ll find a selection of bars and restaurants to sample for apres-ski or on our staff’s day off – including a Michelin star restaurant and the lively Ski Lodge pub.
The chalet sleeps 14 people in 7 en-suite bedrooms, all of which are equipped with a shower, washbasin and WC
- First Floor:
- Living room and dining area
- Balcony with hot-tub
- 3 double en-suite rooms – one with balcony
- 1 twin en-suite room
- 1 double en-suite room
- 2 twin en-suite rooms
What is included:
- Double or twin en-suite room, based on two people sharing
- 7 days breakfast – including full English breakfast every day except staff day off
- 7 days afternoon tea
- 6 days four course evening meals
- A choice of good quality bottled table wines, unlimited during the meal
- Complimentary pre-dinner aperitifs, canapes and after dinner liquers
- Free use of the sauna and hot-tub facility
- Tea and coffee on demand (self service)
- Services of our staff throughout the week
Discounts and Supplements
- Single supplement – 150% of the adult price is payable for single occupancy of a twin room – only available in certain weeks
- Full chalet price is for exclusive use of the chalet for 14 people (including two in the annexe room) or less – there are no discounts for under occupancy if you wish to have exclusive use. Additional beds used in the annexe room are charged at the per person price.
- Travel to the resort is not included – a shared transfer service available from Chambery or Grenoble airports direct to the chalet – please see our travel pages for more information
- Local tourist taxes “taxe de sejour” – 6.25 GBP per adult per week will be automatically added to your booking to cover the tourist tax levied by the French Government
Our policy regarding travel is to provide a flexible travel service and therefore our accommodation price does not include any travel – we have always provided what is now called ‘component’ based holiday packages …. you choose the ‘components’ you want and we charge you accordingly so you only pay for what you need and we can be as flexible as necessary.
We believe our guests want the freedom to choose when and how they travel and whatever requirements you have, we will be able to assist you and apply any appropriate charges at competitive prices for arrangements you would like us to make. You are also free to make all your own travel arrangements if you prefer – however, if you book your travel with us it then forms part of the “package” for the purposes of our bond and your money will be secured by ABTOT (our bond).
You can travel to the Alps in any way you please … and as part of your holiday with us we can offer the options of:
- Airport transfers only – using our own dedicated fleet of fully insured and licenced minibuses allowing you to make use of the budget airlines or your own air miles on any flight you choose!
- Self Drive with competitively priced channel crossings with Eurotunnel or P&O – we provide you with the crossing, directions and information on driving in France.
- Train Tickets with Eurostar Direct Services from London or indirect rail services to the Alps – a great way to travel
- Assistance with flight searches for any UK airport – we will provide you with some suggestions and you book the flight yourself directly with the airline or agent concerned – flight bookings are not covered by our bond and you must make these yourself …. this is the ONLY part of the package we can’t provide you with directly. However, if you don’t have the time to do the leg work, we are more than happy to search for options for you.
Our speciality is to put the travel package together to suit your individual requirements and this may be a mixed arrangement for the group or the entire group with one travel arrangement – the option is yours.