Catered Chalet Dolomites
Budget catered chalet in La Plagne Montchavin to sleep 8-11 people in 4 bedrooms with hot-tub on balcony, central village location, ski-in/ski-out with easy access to the Vanoise Express link between La Plagne and Les Arcs
Chalet Dolomites is the new addition to our family for the 2014-2015 season and offers a budget level chalet in a great position in the village of La Plagne Montchavin. The chalet is ski-in/ski-out being situated at the foot of the piste and overlooking the ski school children’s garden and gondola lift which takes you up to the Vanoise Express link to Les Arcs. Although priced at a budget level, the chalet obviously comes with the normal excellent Ski Amis catered service in all respects
Chalet Dolomites has 4 bedrooms over three floors with a spacious living and dining room area with log-fire and south facing terrace overlooking the piste and ski school area – an ideal location to watch the skiers on the piste or the little ones in the snow garden. There is also a hot-tub on the terrace where you can relax after a day on the piste.
The chalet is located right in the village centre of Montchavin so everything is within easy walking distance – the quaint, traditional village has all the facilities you could need including a number of bars and restaurants, shops and activities. The ski school is located in front of the chalet – and just above the chalet is the recently built “Espace Paradiso” leisure centre with it’s aquatic and wellbeing centre including swimming pool, hammam, sauna, massage, spa and fitness services.
- Living and dining area with log fire and south facing terrace
- Hot-tub on the balcony
- Room 1 – family room with mezzanine – double bed on the main floor and twin beds for children on the mezzanine above which is accessed via a staircase from the main bedroom area, en-suite shower and wash basin
- Separate WC in the hallway
- Room 2 – twin room with en-suite shower and washbasin, view over the piste
- Room 3 – double room with private shower and washbasin on the hallway, balcony with view over the piste
- Separate WC in the hallway shared between rooms 2 and 3
- Room 4 – triple room with 3 single beds – light and airy room with low ceilings in some places, en-suite shower, washbasin and WC, balcony with view over the piste
What is included:
- Room based on full occupancy of the room as described – under occupancy supplements will apply
- 7 days breakfast – including full English breakfast every day except staff day off
- 7 days afternoon tea
- 6 days three course evening meals
- A choice of good quality bottled table wines, unlimited during the meal
- Free use of the hot-tub facility
- Tea and coffee on demand (self service)
- Services of our staff throughout the week
Discounts and Supplements
- Single supplement – 150% of the adult price is payable for single occupancy of a double or twin room – only available in certain weeks and at our discretion
- Full chalet price is for exclusive use of the chalet for 11 people or less – there are no discounts for under occupancy if you wish to have exclusive use – the price includes one free place.
- Travel to the resort is not included – a shared transfer service available from Chambery or Grenoble airports direct to the chalet – please see our travel pages for more information
- Local tourist taxes “taxe de sejour” – 6.25 GBP per adult per week will be automatically added to your booking to cover the tourist tax levied by the French Government
Flexible Travel Options
Our policy regarding travel is to provide a flexible travel service and therefore our accommodation price does not include any travel – we have always provided what is now called ‘component’ based holiday packages …. you choose the ‘components’ you want and we charge you accordingly so you only pay for what you need and we can be as flexible as necessary.We believe our guests want the freedom to choose when and how they travel and whatever requirements you have, we will be able to assist you and apply any appropriate charges at competitive prices for arrangements you would like us to make. You are also free to make all your own travel arrangements if you prefer – however, if you book your travel with us it then forms part of the “package” for the purposes of our bond and your money will be secured by ABTOT (our bond).
You can travel to the Alps in any way you please … and as part of your holiday with us we can offer the options of:
- Airport transfers only – using our own dedicated fleet of fully insured and licenced minibuses allowing you to make use of the budget airlines or your own air miles on any flight you choose!
- Self Drive with competitively priced channel crossings with Eurotunnel or P&O – we provide you with the crossing, directions and information on driving in France.
- Train Tickets with Eurostar Direct Services from London or indirect rail services to the Alps – a great way to travel
- Assistance with flight searches for any UK airport – we will provide you with some suggestions and you book the flight yourself directly with the airline or agent concerned – flight bookings are not covered by our bond and you must make these yourself …. this is the ONLY part of the package we can’t provide you with directly. However, if you don’t have the time to do the leg work, we are more than happy to search for options for you.
Our speciality is to put the travel package together to suit your individual requirements and this may be a mixed arrangement for the group or the entire group with one travel arrangement – the option is yours.