Self Catered – Chalet Estelle
Sleeps 12 adults & 4 children
Chalet Estelle is one of the five chalets located in the “Chalets de Bruyeres” development in Les Menuires – the chalet is independent and can be booked on it’s own as a full chalet or by the room but it can also be booked with one of the other chalets to provide a great location for groups of up to 75 people. The chalet has two identical sisters -Chalet Flora and Chalet Gabrielle. The other two chalets are different in layout – Chalet Delfina and Chalet Hayley.
The chalets are are located literally right on the doorstep of the Bruyéres gondola lift – the picture at the foot of the page was taken from our back door and you can’t get much closer than this! The gondola lift takes you straight up to the peak above the Meribel valley (Mont de la Chambre at 2850m) from where you can ski down into Val Thorens, Meribel or Les Menuires.
Chalet Estelle can accommodate up to 12 adults and 4 children in 7 bedrooms – there are twin rooms on the first two floors plus two “family suites” on the top floor. Each suite consists of a double room and a separate cabine room for children – one cabine is very small and has two single beds end to end (the double bedroom is larger in this suite) and the other has two single beds at right angles (the double room is smaller). These suites are priced lower for both adults and children to reflect their size. All rooms are en-suite and are equipped with showers, washbasin and WC.
The comfortable living room has a space to sit and relax around the cosy fireplace or a dining area which is an ideal place for board games outside of meal times. The mini-bar offers a selection of wines, beers and soft-drinks which you can enjoy on the sun terrace in the afternoons or soak away the aches and pains of a hard days skiing in the hot-tub while taking in the great view across the Val Thorens. For those who need to keep in touch with the outside world, a free WIFI internet connection is provided in the chalet.
In the hallway at the back of the chalets there is a ski room for each chalet with heated electric boot warmers – from this corridor you take the security coded lift which takes you up and drops you on the piste at the foot of the gondola lift – access to the pistes really couldn’t be easier.
The chalet layout is:
Ground Floor – access to the piste via a security coded lift from the rear corridor
- Ski and boot room and access to the piste via a security coded lift from the rear corridor
- Living room with log burner and dining area with doors to sun terrace and hot-tub
- General use WC
- Room 1 – twin room with en-suite shower room and balcony
- Room 2 – twin room with en-suite shower room and balcony
- Room 3 – twin room with en-suite shower room
- Room 4 – twin room with en-suite shower room
- Room 5 – family suite with double room plus separate cabine* room, en-suite shower room
- Room 6 – family suite with double room plus separate small cabine* room, en-suite shower room
* Cabine rooms are small and have low ceilings and are therefore only suitable for children – occupancy by one adult is allowed at client’s request but space will be limited
What is included:
- Twin or double en-suite room, based on two people sharing
- Bunk cabine room at reduced prices
- 7 days breakfast – including full English breakfast every day except staff day off
- 7 days afternoon tea
- 6 days three course evening meals
- A choice of good quality bottled table wines, unlimited during the meal
- Tea and coffee on demand (self service)
- Free use of the sauna and hot-tub facility
- Services of our staff throughout the week
Discounts and Supplements
- Single supplement – 150% of the adult price is payable for single occupancy of a double or twin room – only available in certain weeks
- Full chalet price is for exclusive use of the chalet for 8 adults and 2 children or less – there are no discounts for under occupancy if you wish to have exclusive use.
- Travel to the resort is not included – a shared transfer service available from Chambery or Grenoble airports direct to the chalet – please see our travel pages for more information
- Local tourist taxes “taxe de sejour” – 6.25 GBP per adult per week will be automatically added to your booking to cover the tourist tax levied by the French Government